1. Code of Federal Regulations (3rd Floor, KF 70 .A3)
Title 20 C.F.R., Employees’ Benefits, is composed of three volumes. The first volume, containing parts 1-399, includes all current regulations issued by the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, Department of Labor and the Railroad Retirement Board. The second volume, containing parts 400-499, includes all current regulations issued by the Social Security Administration. The third volume, containing parts 500 to End, includes all current regulations issued by the Employees’ Compensation Appeals Board, the Employment and Training Administration, the Employment Standards Administration, the Benefits Review Board, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Veterans’ Employment and Training (all of the Department of Labor) and the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries.
2. Federal Register (3rd Floor, KF70 .A2)
Recent agency publications related to issues of workers’ compensation:
1.CT State codes, statutes. Example: Connecticut—Workers’ Compensation Act, Chapter 568 C.G.S. (2001) or Conn. Gen. Stat. § 31-275 (2001) (REF KFC3630 1958.A22)
2. Administrative rules and regulations. Example: Connecticut—Workers’ Compensation Commission, Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies §31-40v-1 (REF KFC3635 1962.A23)
U.S. Code (3rd Floor, KF 62 2001)
1. Federal Employees’ Compensation Act 5 U.S.C. §§ 8102 et seq.
2. Federal Employment Liability Act (FELA) 45 U.S.C. §§ 51 –60
3. Merchant Marine Act (the Jones Act) 46 U.S.C. §§ 688
4. Death on the High Seas Act 46 U.S.C. §§ 761 et seq.
5. Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) 33 U.S.C. §§ 901 et seq.
6. Black Lung Benefits Act 30 U.S.C. §§ 901 et seq.